Friday, October 5, 2012

JUST A START

                  
                                                                FILL IT UP
                                             
                                           
    This is been the norm lately and I am more than welcoming it. Just like Mike Durkelac (our Cleve. metro parks aquatic biologist) had said. "This is the same deal as last year, and it brought a mega fall run of our silver streaked friends. Well, he was damn right as usual.  
      With colder temps early, the farmers almanac is hitting accurate again if u follow. Which is not bad either. To me anyway. I would have to admit I have had a lot of luck with white bead headed buggers, loaded with  Palmer chenille in Grey/white. As well as Metallic Blue bead headed buggers with Black/Red Palmer Chenille. The Palmer wraps just like hackle, and is a great way to substitute for a hackle first, then a chenille over. I also wrap two hackles. One being a different color then the other,right over the other. And it looks just fine .Two-tone buggers I guess is a better way to put it for loss of words types like me.  
         The waves of fish others and I have noticed have been small. Or I'm just a shitty fly bum. But it seemed the first 2 waves were really good. It heated up a little, and the run slowed even with the rains. But with the cold front hitting and the leaves falling with the cold rain, my mind has switched from "possibly", to "now." Like a December Lake effect squall.

                A transmitted message from our Great Lake Erie. 


                                  


                                             
                                                                                                                                  

No comments: