Sunday, October 6, 2013

A new beginning

                         


                               

                               

I

    When I see this picture, I think of endless opportunities. To me, it's almost a second flag. There have been years of hard work from d.n.r.'s, special interest groups and world class biologists. Through partnership with army core of engineer's even as far as the Navy who have done migration studies on our steelhead. We are very fortunate. If you were to venture out west, you would be lucky to catch 2 steelhead a day. And that IS even a hell of a day. We are spoiled. Plain and simple. On the other hand, you could say no. This is just our great lakes work ethic. If we want it bad enough we can have it... 

       So everyday that I am on our water I cherish it. I hope you do as well. From the Holy Waters, to the St.Joe's someone donated their time to give you their hard earned information to help us progress. 
                      
 The morning didn't seem to feel like fall. But the run is on. I'm always worried of hooking a fish  with these low oxygen levels in the warm water. So far, so good. These komakazi fish have no regard. Ultimately, these fish are in your hands. A good angler knows the biology of what he's hunting. And I think all should.but almost all don't . 
We had a later start this year than last. On the 18 of august last year, i was fishing consistantly on my birthday at that point. But itleast it's on. The numbers will be fewer again, but the size will be their They say. Which is spot on to what I experienced last year.  
  
     

No comments: